Serenades at The Villages
Award-winning Memory Care in The Villages
Serenades Memory Care Assisted Living by Sonata fits right in at Florida’s Friendliest HometownSM!
Serenades by Sonata communities are staffed by the friendliest dementia care teams in Central Florida. At Serenades at The Villages, seniors living with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias find the compassionate support and care – and just as importantly, the opportunities – they need to continue enjoying as much as they can about the people, culture, lifestyle and everything else they love about this beautiful town.
Characterized by an inviting residential design, the latest innovative safety features and award-winning educational and activity programming, Serenades at The Villages features three cozy and secure neighborhoods that provide our residents with a home-like feel and person-directed care. And the purpose-built design of Serenades at The Villages is as smart as it is comfortable. Residents with Alzheimer’s and dementia are able to live as independently as possible for as long as possible at Serenades thanks to high-tech safety features such as motion sensors and secure exits, clear navigational cues and calming color schemes that allow residents to move about their home neighborhoods with safety and confidence.
Serenades by Sonata’s licensed caregiving teams are specifically trained in dementia care and communications techniques that enable us to provide exactly what your loved one needs and wants to enjoy each day on their terms. Our Serenades Memory Care specialists combine renowned dementia care expert Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM programming to create truly special, meaningful days that are filled with purpose and accomplishment for each resident. The heart of Teepa Snow’s program is personalization with a focus on residents’ current abilities, not what has been lost to Alzheimer’s or dementia.
Following this approach, Serenades at The Villages provides dementia care residents with customizable means to boost their physical, emotional and mental well-being – and overall quality of life – every single day, regardless of where they are on their personal journey with dementia. By taking the time to learn our residents’ unique physical and cognitive abilities, likes and dislikes, we can, for example: schedule their favorite social events with friends and family; provide aroma, music, art or pet therapies proven to soothe and fulfill them; choose games that interest them; make sure their favorite snacks and menu items are always available and more.
Serenades at The Village’s team keeps current with exciting new developments in Alzheimer’s and dementia care research and experts’ recommendations through ongoing education. This includes formal education via professional recertification and continuing education courses, as well as the invaluable education provided by another type of expert – residents and their families. The more we learn about your loved one’s unique interests, preferences, behaviors, triggers and anticipated responses, the better we can apply what we learn in the field and greatly improve your loved one’s quality of life.
Serenades at The Villages is located mid-way between the Gulf and Atlantic coasts, near Interstate 75 and the Florida Turnpike and just an hour north of Orlando’s famous tourist attractions. Our family looks forward to welcoming yours to Serenades at The Village!
2450 Parr Drive | The Villages, FL 32162 | 352-633-9017
Serenades at The Villages Memory & Personal Care Services
A healthy dose of day-to-day assistance and comforting TLC go a long way to easing dementia care residents’ anxiety, often reducing the need for behavioral management while giving residents a sense of peace and confidence to engage in the stimulating activities and enjoyable moments created each day at Serenades by Sonata.
We expect virtually all Serenades memory care residents to require some degree of personalized memory care, medication management or supervision, so Serenades at The Villages includes many services in residents’ convenient monthly rental fee. For those requiring extensive memory care, assistance or daily nursing services (as permitted by limited nursing license), an additional monthly care fee is added to the rent based on the level of care required.
|Private Suite||Starting $5,200|
|Companion Suite||Starting at $4,800|
|Memory Care Levels I–III||Included in Monthly Rent|
|Extensive Memory Care Levels IV–IX||Starting at $400 / Month|
By paying for advanced services and care only as required, all Serenades at The Villages residents benefit: Those who require basic assistance to maintain their independence appreciate the lower monthly rate; families of residents who require advanced dementia care and personal services appreciate that their additional fees are used to directly increase their loved ones’ comfort, happiness and quality of life. For example, this fee allows us to hire the absolute best advanced-memory care staff available – and raise staffing levels if needed – for maximum safety and support.
Services Included in Monthly Rent
- Daily Serenades Memory Care programming
- Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care
- Licensed nurse on-site 24/7
- Medication management and assistance
- Moderate personal care*
- Permanently assigned caregivers
- Wellness and fitness programming
- Daily hydration and nutrition program
- In-house physical and occupational therapies
- Visiting physician, dental, therapy and podiatry services
- Assistance with eating, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Incontinence management
- Supervision of meals and activities
- Increased staffing ratios
- Coordination of third-party medical providers
- Aging in place hospice partnerships*
*Based on resident assessment – exclusions apply
- Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM programming
- Neighborhood family dining and recreation
- Person-directed care
- Lifelong learning lifestyle programs
- Nurturing, homelike setting
- Individual and group activities
- Interactive lifestyle stations
- Private and public gathering areas
- Fully accessible walking paths and therapeutic gardens
- Full-service salon
- Standard cable in suites
At Your Service℠ Convenience
- Move-in coordination services
- Personal laundry and flat linen services
- Three meals and snacks daily
- 24-hour family access via proxy card
- On-site maintenance personnel
Short-Term Respite & Day Stays Are Available
Please call 352-633-9017 for current respite rates and availability at Serenades at The Villages.
Rates effective January 2016
Serenades by Sonata Is Always At Your Service℠
There isn’t a memory care family in Central Florida more dedicated to ensuring the comfort and happiness of all who enter. Sonata Senior Living’s signature At Your ServiceSM philosophy and our commitment to deliver an unmatched level of care, service and hospitality with dignity and respect is shared by each carefully chosen team member.
Services: Great Care Is About the People!
- Serenades caregivers hold the highest dementia care certification in Teepa Snow’s Positive Approach™ to Care and receive ongoing training from Sonata’s in-house Certified Dementia Coach and Certified Dementia Care Practitioner®
- Permanently assigned caregivers means care is delivered by friendly, familiar faces, creating special bonds and building trust between residents and care teams
- Licensed nurse is on site 24/7, and is the sole administrator of medications
- Neighborhood, family-style meals with well-balanced, nutritious choices plus snacks chosen to please individual preferences and adhere to special diets
- Partnerships with third-party medical providers who make healthcare more accessible and readily available for residents. Providers include in-house primary care physicians and visiting specialists providing physical and occupational therapies as well as dental, podiatry, lab, x-ray and hospice services
- Aging in place is fostered through hospice partnerships, allowing residents to spend their final days in the peaceful surroundings of their own homes, comforted by those who know and care for them like family
Community Amenities: Better by Design
- Small neighborhoods, family dining and recreation help resident stay connected to others without feeling overwhelmed
- Nurturing, homelike setting designed with a soft, soothing color palette
- Private and public gathering areas encourage families to visit and participate in their loved one’s care
- Fully accessible, inviting courtyard, walking paths and lushly landscaped therapeutic gardens – located internally for the optimum security and safety – engage residents and make exercise enjoyable while offering a beautiful connection to the outdoors
- Dedicated family room and children’s play area offer the perfect venues for family time or watching the grandkids in a warm and inviting environment
Conveniences: At Your Service℠
- Move-in coordination services. From medical paperwork to scheduling movers, we’re here to help!
- Electronic billing, email notifications and newsletters
- Housekeeping, personal laundry and flat-linen services provided by dementia-trained, dedicated housekeeping staff committed to keeping Serenades clean and beautiful
- Interactive TVs utilize the latest software for games, movies, personal photos and more
- Family resource library and free, educational seminars help families better understand and cope with dementia’s effects on their loved ones. We provide valuable care and communication tips, plus help families make well-informed decisions regarding their loved one’s care, legal and financial matters, and so much more
- Convenient 24-hour family access to each neighborhood via proximity card ensuring safe and secure viewing
- Full-service, on-site salon keeps residents looking and feeling good!
Programming That Resonates at Serenades at The Villages
Serenades by Sonata’s memory care specialists and life-enrichments teams love getting to know each resident’s like and dislikes, abilities and interests and then mixing and matching residents’ favorite activities, events, exercises – physical and cognitive – and other fun things to do so everyone can Live It Up!SM with optimum daily enjoyment and quality of life.
Serenades by Sonata and Sonata Senior Living’s Live It Up!SM philosophy nurtures the seven dimensions of wellness as identified by the International Council on Active Aging®:
Physical • Emotional • Intellectual • Social • Vocational • Spiritual • Environmental
Programming choices that promote a lifestyle filled with purpose, community, social connections and joy are designed by a Certified Dementia Practitioner® (CDP®) and might include:
- Individual and group games and activities
- Entertaining events and celebrations
- Outdoor activities
- Arts and crafts
- Making beds or setting the table
- Organized outings
- Intergenerational activities with area children’s programs
- Fun with art, music or pet therapy
Serenades at The Village’s caregivers train extensively in the Positive Approach™ to Care, developed by leading dementia care expert Teepa Snow.
One of America’s most respected leaders in Alzheimer’s care and education, Teepa Snow’s approach includes focusing on strengthening and maintaining the skills and abilities that remain rather than lamenting or catering to what has been lost. Integrating residents’ life stories, likes and dislikes into their daily activities is also a core element of the Positive Approach™ to Care, just as it is for Serenades by Sonata’s Live It Up!SM program, and residents are encouraged to participate in their own care plans and daily schedules
Serenades by Sonata’s relationship with Team Elliott Education is immensely beneficial to Serenades at The Villages residents. Team Elliott’s creative Lifelong Learning program employs innovative technology, research and interactive educational programs that continue to raise the standard for cognitive stimulation and brain health within senior living communities.
Moments of Brilliance® is an intellectual opportunities program that is enthusiastically facilitated by Team Elliott Education®, engaging participants in the Lifelong Learners Hall of Fame® session series.
Serenades at The Villages residents love MUSIC & MEMORYSM, the nationally recognized therapy program developed by Dan Cohen, MSW. Songs hold special memories for people, even those with advanced dementia. MUSIC & MEMORYSM successfully soothes those with memory loss and allows them to recall fond moments from their pasts. Serenades at The Villages’ dementia care professionals are trained to select the perfect songs and type of music for residents’ personalized playlists, which they listen to on iPods or other digital devices.
Review our sample floor plan and inquire about availability.
286 sq ft
342 sq ft
418 sq ft
Shared Suite J
481 sq ft
ALF # 12440